Thursday, May 16, 2013

DisneyLand is going to have to wait...

DH (Mike) and I decided earlier this year to save for DisneyLand for Monster.  Now, it's going to have to wait.  We've been put in touch with a company that provides PTSD service dogs and we're trying to get one for Mike.  We talked to his doctor today about it and his doctor thinks it's a great idea because Mike's PTSD is so bad.  Sooooo, the little bit that we had saved for DisneyLand is now in a fund for Mike's Service Dog, and we're trying to raise the money for just the down payment.  The total cost of the dog is estimated at $30K (no exact figure yet until we sign the contract with the down payment.)  So, I've set up a page.  And, we're going to try to raise the money for his dog.  In the coming days, I will also be posting my purses online to sell.  Anyone that knows me knows that my purse collection means a lot to me, and I will be selling all but a couple of the one that has my name on it.  All of this money will go towards the fund for his dog.  
We can save next year to go to DisneyLand with Monster, and since he will be 5 instead of 4, it may be better.  Not to mention, I think DH was procrastinating on DisneyLand because of the crowds, and with a service dog, there's still the anxiety, but it might be less, and I know he was willing to face all that anxiety for Monster...DH would walk through fire for his son and so would I.  I've always believed that everything happens for a reason, and we just don't know those reasons.  We're given the trials that we have because God knows we can handle them, not because we think we can handle them. 

DH has also agreed that anyone that donates at least $10 can get a photo signed by both of us of either him and his new dog, or us as a family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment