Pages

Friday, June 7, 2019

Prayers for Backwoods

I've sat down to write this post several times, and there are no words to describe it.  So, I will probably put this in two separate posts.  The first post being the most important, the second with how INTERESTING  everything was until the tragedy on Sunday.

So, here goes.  (Deep Breath)

I want to ask everyone to stop a minute and pray for those that were affected by the helicopter crash at Backwoods.

Three people died, and one is still fighting for his life in critical condition.

This is my way of saying, you're not forgotten, and the entire EDM community is mourning with your family and friends.  


These are the three that lost their lives: 
Sarah Hill (GoFundMe)
Chuck Dixon (GoFundMe)
Marco Ornelas (GoFundMe)

And the sole survivor, who I found out after the festival is friends with my son in Nebraska.
Zachariah Petersen (GoFundMe)

All four of these people were doing what they love and we should remember them.  I for one, will always remember this day, and this weekend.  I may have known them a very short time, or not at all, but when you go to a Festival like this, we're all family...there are no strangers.  So, if you're reading this, please consider sharing and/or donating to these very worthy GoFundMe campaigns.  

I don't know what else to say, and anything else regarding Backwoods and my experience there will be in another post...which may take a day or a week to write, but it will be here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment